At Bruce Engineering Services (NI) Ltd we are committed to processing personal information about our customers in ways that comply with our legal obligations as well as being clear with our customers about what we do with their personal information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
- When you complete an online form on our website
- When you complete a credit application form to open an account
- When you interact with our social media
- When you contact us by phone, e-mail or post
INFORMATION WE HOLD
The information we hold on customers will include:
- Company Name & Address
- Contact Name/Names
- E-mail address/addresses
- Phone Number(s)
- Details of products/services purchased
- VAT number/Company Registration Number
- Account Application Form Details
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To open an account as a new customer
- Inform you of delivery/shortages/order updates
- Invoicing/credit notes & general account queries
- Pricing & Product queries/updates
- Processing payments
- Inform you of any technical or product specifications
- Information about the business e.g. opening and closing times, holidays
- Where we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligations
- Any other relevant business related information
We may send you direct marketing in relation to our own products by post and e-mail where you have
- consented to this
- where you have not objected to this and we are marketing similar products to those which were previously sold to you
You can choose to ‘opt out’ of receiving information at any time by contacting us directly
by mail – Bruce Engineering Services (NI) Ltd, 33 Lindesayville Rd, Cookstown, Co Tyrone, BT80 8UH
by e-mail – email@example.com
If you apply to open an account with ourselves we will send a credit application form asking for your company details and two credit references. With your permission we will contact your references to assess if you pass our credit checks and if so we will agree account terms with you. If you do not have an account you will be treated as a cash sale customer.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The legal bases we rely on to process your personal information are as follows:
- Where you have provided your consent for direct marketing by e-mail or post in respect of our own products.
- Carrying out our obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us.
- To comply with legal obligations including health & safety, environmental legislation, etc
- Necessary for our legitimate business interests including: –
Management of your account
Operating our website
Internal business purposes such as record keeping, reporting & statistics, investigating & responding to queries, obtaining credit references, debt collection.
We may process your personal data for more than one legal basis depending on the purpose for which we are using your data. You can object to the processing at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your information with any third party except with:
- Business Partners (our product Dealers outside NI) for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or them
- Our accountants, auditors, solicitors or similar when we ask for professional advice
- Emergency services in the event that we need to report accidents or incidents
- Any Government body where reporting is mandatory such as HMRC
We require all third parties to respect the security of your Personal Data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods we will take into account factors such as:
- legal obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process. We store hard copies of information securely and dispose of any information via shredding.
Whilst we take measures to safeguard the information you provide to us no transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure.
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes;
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (The Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk).
If you need any further information please e-mail email@example.com